[jbosscache-dev] Hibernate testsuite bound to internals of JBoss Cache 2.X

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 1 08:59:56 EDT 2008

Manik Surtani wrote:
> I just spotted this, trying to run the Hibernate test suite against a
> snapshot of 2.2.0:
>
> org.hibernate.test.cache.jbc2.functional.util.CustomClassLoaderCacheFactory
> uses an internal class, CacheImpl.java, that no longer exists in 2.2.0.

Good catch.

> Brian, I vaguely remember you mentioning this to me in the past, should
> have provided a proper extension point at the time.

You did, via DefaultCacheFactory.setDefaultCacheLoader(). This class was
just a leftover from my workaround before you did that. Wasn't used
anymore, is now gone from svn, won't be in Hibernate 3.3.0.GA.

> Do you know if it
> is just this test class that extends DefaultCacheFactory, or do you know
> if this is extended in this manner in production code as well - in any
> of the AS clustering projects?

99% sure not; for sure not anywhere outside of a test suite. I'll check
any test fixtures; if there I'll get rid of it as it's not needed.