[jbossdeveloper] <repository /> definition in pom.xml for Quickstarts and Demos

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 05:51:25 EST 2014

>>> Can you please review https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-997344
>>> <https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-997344> and confirm if those ids
>>> are ok. If not, do you mind to place the right information at the
>>> document?
>>
>> sorry for late response.
>>
>> Looking at this list the only two repositories I consider valid in
>> production quickstarts
>
> production quickstarts aren’t actually a thing :-p

What word do we use for it then ? it's not community quickstarts since
they depend on productized bits.

>> are:
>>
>> redhat-techpreview-all-repository
>> http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/all/
>> <http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/all/>
>>
>> redhat-earlyaccess-all-repository (for things not GA)
>> https://maven.repository.redhat.com/earlyaccess/all/
>> <https://maven.repository.redhat.com/earlyaccess/all/>
>
> These ^^^, plus fusesource, are valid for non-earlyaccess quickstarts

So the earlyaccess repo is valid for non-earlyaccess quickstarts ? seems
counterintuitive ?

>> These are I'm surprised we are now letting in:
>>
>> Jboss public repo is not something our productized nor project
>> quickstarts should depend on is it ? Was there not a requirement for
>> quickstarts
>> to *not* rely on this repo that is a big mashup of dependencies and
>> instead only rely on central published artifacts ?
>> jboss-public-repository
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/
>> <https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/>
>
> This ^^^ is valid only for earlyaccess quickstarts

...so earlyaccess quickstarts is even earlier than what is in
earlyaccess maven repo  ?

Just trying to do the mapping since this is what we call community
quickstarts on jboss tools end and we keep it clearly separate from
production related stuff
to avoid/reduce confusion.

>> Fuse reposource repo I thought was only being used for old fuse
>> releases ? If that is no longer the case then that is not great since
>> it seem to have a lot of redundancy of artifacts.
>> fuse-public-repository
>> https://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public
>> <https://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public>
>
> It’s still used for Fuse releases AFAIK.

mkay '/ - i'll try reach Aileen and here what is the plan for it and
what is stopping them from getting into maven.repository.redhat.com.

>> This repo I do not understand what is for and should not be exposed
>> anywhere IMO. Only relevant to put in testers own settings.xml is it
>> not ?
>> jboss-developer-staging-repository
>> http://jboss-developer.github.io/temp-maven-repo/
>> <http://jboss-developer.github.io/temp-maven-repo/>
>
> Agreed, this one should never appear in a POM.

+1

/max