[jbossdeveloper] <repository /> definition in pom.xml for Quickstarts and Demos

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 07:20:10 EST 2014

If I'm not wrong, We are trying to make it easy (by avoiding
settings.xml file updates) to everyone from _final __users_ to
_contributors_ or even for _developers_ or _tools_ who want to try it
with a mvn clean compile just as happened with Arun, Porcelli, etc

For unreleased Quickstarts, the "stable" branch will need the
settings.xml file update anyway because we use internal engineer
repositories.  For "-develop" branch, If we don't have the
jboss-developer-staging repo added to quickstarts, I feel that we will
only achieve our goal partially (final users that uses G.A quickstarts).

Experienced developers who will try our Quickstarts for the first time
and go directly to github, will need to read the documentation or query
someone to figure out that they should add jboss-developer-staging repo
to do a single mvn compile.

I think that there's no issue if we add jboss-developer-staging repo on
a "-develop" branch as long as we keep only the right repos for "stable"
branch. That's why QSTools:repositories goal was created for - This goal
is capable of add/remove repos easily.