[jbossdeveloper] <repository /> on quickstarts pom.xml

Julian Coleman jcoleman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 10:47:12 EST 2014

Hi,

> Julian, I would suggest to use maven cli "-s" with settings to your
> staging repository. Do not inject that into quickstarts, repositories
> are injected ONLY for public end users. We are advanced users so we
> should use CLI with a specified settings.xml.

I was thinking more of how will the QE teams verify that things will work as
expected?  If the customers will run the quickstarts without specifying a
settings.xml file on the maven command line (or in JBoss Tools), then that
should be what is tested.  If the infrastructure at the time of testing isn't
the same as when the release is done, then how will QE verify (or automate
tests to verify) that the quickstarts are correct?

Thanks,

Red Hat
Newcastle upon Tyne