[jbossdeveloper] Tracking Intermittent CI Failures

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 04:36:48 EST 2015

Thanks Ondra,

I don't think it will be of use to us, as we are not using JUnit. The issues we get are during the execution of a Rake build :-(

However, it might be of use to the Transactions team as I know they use JUnit and the intermittent failures they experience are test failures. I'll pass it on.

Paul.

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 23:40, Ondrej Zizka <ozizka at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> this might be useful:
> https://code.google.com/p/junitdiff/ <https://code.google.com/p/junitdiff/>
>
> Ondra
>

> On 19.2.2015 18:49, Paul Robinson wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> You may have noticed that intermittent failure of PR and production builds is getting much worse. It's really costing us, so we need to do something about it.
>>
>> I've set up a process for tracking intermittent CI failures. It's the same process we used on the transactions team to significantly improve the stability of the build. Dan will carry out this process and as an output we will get a JIRA issue for every failure along with a tally of how many times each failure is occurring. This will help us target the hotspots.
>>
>> Here's the steps that Dan will follow:
>>
>> https://github.com/jboss-developer/www.jboss.org/blob/master/README.md#tracking-ci-intermittent-failures <https://github.com/jboss-developer/www.jboss.org/blob/master/README.md#tracking-ci-intermittent-failures>
>>
>> Dan will update this report weekly by Tues COB: https://docs.google.com/a/redhat.com/spreadsheets/d/1KrHGJ7_eKzSy-3S6ZXqVFPNC1obEBjSSpSR9XkqLlow/edit#gid=0 <https://docs.google.com/a/redhat.com/spreadsheets/d/1KrHGJ7_eKzSy-3S6ZXqVFPNC1obEBjSSpSR9XkqLlow/edit#gid=0>
>>
>> Paul.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Robinson
>> JBoss Developer Team Lead (www.jboss.org <http://www.jboss.org/>)
>>
>> Free/busy info: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=probinso%40redhat.com&ctz=Europe/London <https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=probinso%40redhat.com&ctz=Europe/London>
>>
>> JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
>> Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 03798903
>> Directors:Michael Cunningham (US), Charles Peters (US), Matt Parson (US), Paul Hickey (Ireland)

Paul.