[jbosstools-dev] Re: Need to fix a blocker issue: ESB project wizard can not work with WTP 3.03

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 22:01:06 EST 2008

John Graham wrote:
> A couple of questions:
>
> * Will fixing this for 3.0.3 mean that the wizard will no longer work in
> earlier versions? If so, then we need to carefully document this, since
> users will not expect this large difference between 3.0.1/2 --> 3.0.3

Unfortunately, it will not work in earlier versions :-( .
> * Are we using the same functionality in other JBT wizards? If so, are
> they broken or have they avoided the issue somehow (if avoided, this
> might suggest a backward compatible work-around?)

Other JBT project may not have the same issue because those project are
based on Dynamic Web Project,
 so the sort of creating a Virtualcomponent work is done by Dynamic Web
project,  WTP changes all their
 creating Virtualcomponent way by using the new method in WTP 3.03 when
creating a new Web project or J2ee project.

The issue is:  in early WTP versions,  it should use the following way
to create the VirtualComponent:
final IVirtualComponent c = ComponentCore.createComponent(project);

and in WTP 3.03, we have to do it by:  final IVirtualComponent c =
ComponentCore.createComponent(project, false);
the *false* parameter is a flag that whether to check a configure file
exist or not, in our scenario , it should not check.
and the *ComponentCore.createComponent(project, false) * method is not
exist in early versions.
for now, the ComponentCore.createComponent(project) works as
ComponentCore.createComponent(project, true),
if it can be changed to work as ComponentCore.createComponent(project,
false), it will works and it's reasonable ,
I will raise a bug to wtp, if they can change their implementation, that
would be good, if they wouldn't change, we have to try
to check if the componentCore has the method using refect way.

Denny