[jbosstools-dev] Freemarker functionality in Eclipse?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 11:01:57 EDT 2012

>> Could you tell us what things it is that is missing or is too much in
>> JBoss Tools parent that prevents it from being used ? Would like to
>> get it trimmed down to be something most if not all eclipse tools
>> could use; either directly or via a simple github fork that could be
>> easily cherrypicked from.
>
> I think it's fine the way it is.  I've had to add additional repositories, but I suspect those will get merged into JBT target platform at some point (specifically, BPMN2 editor and some of its dependencies).

but thats my point - that those dependencies should be added to a "SOA" JBT target platform sooner rather than later to avoid annoying surprises.

>> Things like code style and "other settings" is anyway 98% the same
>> across jboss projects so maybe its time we get some of that applied
>> in jboss eclipse codebase overall too ?
>
> A good idea, but it may be a tough task requiring a lot of code modifications to get conformance.

Well its the soa tools that keeps doing different than all the other plugins so i'm just trying to figure out
what are the missing pieces ;)

And now is the time for code modifications in JBoss Tools land.

If it is with respect to code standards and reformatting - then sure - that can be challenging but at least our current jboss tools module structure allows to isolate us from that
and apply module specific styles if necessary/needed.

>>> That said, it seems that it's very bad form that this dialog
>>> behaves this way.  It blocks the entire workspace for a simple
>>> yes/no to usage collection.  That seems like a misuse of a modal
>>> dialog to me.
>>
>> Alternative suggestions welcome - its required by legal and we did
>> not want the monster dialog eclipse UDC pops up nor did we want the
>> time delayed for example Atlassian's feedback dialog has.
>
> Is it possible to simply change the modality?  I think part of the problem is that this blocks the entire application (e.g. jdt initialization).

hmm - not sure that works crossplatform..maybe Juno have fixed those issues with their more "proper" SWT shell handling now -  worth looking into.
Opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12388

but It doesn't block initialization does it  ? should just block UI input, background jobs etc. is still run.

btw. would be good if switchyard eventually could have the optional dependency to the usage plugin too so we get ping-backs for your installations too :)

/max