[jbosstools-dev] Test failing with Luna? Try the org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state fragment!

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 13:51:45 EST 2013

On 12/03/2013 07:35 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> we really need to limit these "add a big feature with 90+ plugins"
> just to fix what looks like a luna change we need to fix sooner rather
> than later.
> i.e. why was it not sufficient to apply Denis one plugin add instead
> of the full rcp feature ?
Denis' patch didn't fix everything according to Snjezana (cf comments on
JBIDE-16161). Running tests is a blocker, so I simply went for this
"fits all" solution in a first time to make everyone a bit happier and
more able to progress. This solution is temporary and dependencies will
be refined later, when Eclipse code will be cleaned from dependency to
these deprecated stuff.
So if someone comes with a patch that works as well as the one that was
merged with less dependencies, it will get merged. But from my POV, this
is a temporary detail.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>