[jbosstools-dev] Offline groovy script not working?

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Thu Dec 5 09:49:37 EST 2013

Hi Fred,

I’m not sure you’re the right person for this.
I wanted to do some doc reviewing today, so I wanted to try the groovy offline script (Preferences -> JBoss Tools -> Project Examples -> Offline Support).
When I ran the script I saw a couple of errors along the way, see at the end of email. I was told that it could have to do with WFK 2.4 not being available in the online repo yet.
But ultimately the script failed this exception:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/rasp/jbossqa/runtimes/zip/offline/workDir/jboss-javaee6-webapp-blank-archetype/my-jboss-javaee6-webapp-blank-archetype

I know there have been some problems with the blank archetype, but I wanted to check if this is something known that is going to be fixed or not. If not, I will create a JIRA. The whole log of me running the script is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20099120/groovy.log
I was using JBDS 7.1.0.CR1b B560 (aka CR1) and had jboss nexus and http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/all/ in my settings.xml. After the script finished, the offline dir was 536M big.

Thanks,
Martin

Building org.jboss.as.quickstarts:jboss-as-kitchensink-rf:7.1.2-SNAPSHOT default,arq-jbossas-managed,openshift,debug
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project jboss-as-kitchensink-rf: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.jboss.as.quickstarts:jboss-as-kitchensink-rf:war:7.1.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.sun.faces:jsf-impl:jar:2.1.5-jbossorg-1 in redhat-techpreview-all-repository (http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/all/) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
Result: 1

Building org.jboss.quickstarts.wfk:jboss-kitchensink-backbone:2.4.0.Final default,openshift,minify,arq-jbossas-managed,aerogearci-jbossas-managed-7,graph
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.jboss.quickstarts.wfk:jboss-kitchensink-backbone:2.4.0.Final (/Users/rasp/jbossqa/runtimes/zip/offline/workDir/jboss-kitchensink-backbone.zip/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.jboss.as:jboss-as-arquillian-container-managed:jar must be a valid version but is '${version.jboss.as}'. @ line 396, column 30
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
Result: 1

--
Martin Malina