[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Test Failures in JBoss Tools 4.2.0.Alpha1

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 03:34:25 EST 2013

On 12/09/2013 09:57 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:
> These may be fixable by adding more time to the tests' pom.xml files (if
> it's a simple timeout due to network connectivity or some other process
> that takes longer on Jenkins than when you build locally) or else you
> might need to check for blocking UI or threads (in which case, no
> additional time will help as it's a flaw in the test).
>
> Note that for jobs that fail due to overall job timeout (server,
> javaee), I've doubled the timeout to 6hrs (360 mins).
>
> But really, should your component take more than 3hrs to build & run
> tests? Maybe some of those long-running tests should be moved to the
> integration tests project?

Most of these timeouts seem related to environmental issues on Jenkins
(that I've reported to the team in charge of Jenkins).
What's important if your component is listed is to make sure it works
locally. If it does work locally but not on Jenkins, then it's our (Nick
& I) problem. If it doesn't even work locally, it's yours ;)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>