[jbosstools-dev] FYI: incubator-ripple moved to jbosstools organization

Ilya Buziuk ibuziuk at exadel.com
Tue Oct 14 08:50:49 EDT 2014

I'd like to add some additional info to the #2.

For now all ripple specific code is situated in the
*org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.ripple *plugin in the *ripple* folder -
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-aerogear/tree/master/cordovasim/plugins/org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.ripple/ripple
If there is a new bug / feature request on the cordovasim side it must be
fixed it in the giant (~2.5 Mb) js file. This approach has 2 main drawbacks:

1) It's utterly complicated to catch up updates from ripple (need to mainly
build ripple and merge 2 giant ripple.js file)
2) It's extremely unhandy to contribute changes back to ripple

That is why we come up with a new approach - fork ripple for jbosstools and
keep all cordovasim changes above the ripple's *master* branch ( <- #1
which is already solved).
How to try it:

   - clone https://github.com/jbosstools/incubator-ripple
   - checkout *cordovasim *branch
   - pre-build step - Build Requirements
   <https://github.com/jbosstools/incubator-ripple#build-requirements>
   - run (in the project root): *./configure*
   - run *(in the project root): jake*
   - the result of the build will be in the *pkg/hosted* folder
   - assuming that all necessary plugins for running *aerogear *and
   *cordovasim* are in the workspace you can remove everything from the
   ripple folder (
   https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-aerogear/tree/master/cordovasim/plugins/org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.ripple/ripple)
   and substitute it with a newly build content of the *pkg/hosted* folder
   - that's it. If you run new Eclipse application, create HMT project and
   run it via Cordovasim it will use brand new ripple build

Basically we want to make one step ahead and automate the process above ^.
Will be glad to hear your ideas / proposals on it.  The main purpose of the
letter is to give extra food for thoughts before f-2-f ;-)

--
Best Regards,
Ilya Buziuk