[jbosstools-dev] FYI: incubator-ripple moved to jbosstools organization

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 09:45:13 EDT 2014

On 10/14/2014 02:50 PM, Ilya Buziuk wrote:

>   * the result of the build will be in the *pkg/hosted* folder
>   * assuming that all necessary plugins for running *aerogear *and
>     *cordovasim* are in the workspace you can remove everything from
>     the ripple folder
>     (https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-aerogear/tree/master/cordovasim/plugins/org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.ripple/ripple)
>     and substitute it with a newly build content of the
>     *pkg/hosted* folder

We create a Jenkins build for jbosstools-incubator-ripple, and have it
invoking "./configure && jake" or whatever is necessary. Then we need to
put the result of pkg/hosted somewhere. I would be in favour of Nexus.
We only have to create a pom file, configure it to deploy pkg/hosted
content and running "mvn clean deploy" would create a new snapshot
available as a Maven artifact.
Or we can even create a pom that would invoke ./configure and jake as
part of the "compile" step. So we only have to do a "mvn clean deploy"
that will invoke ./configure and jake.

Then jbosstools-cordovasim could simply fetch the new artifact at build
time with a maven-dependency-plugin:get-dependency mojo configured in
pom file.

Does anyone see an issue or a limitation with using Nexus?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>