[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Proposed new package structure

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 19:04:40 EST 2006

Folks,

the current package structure is becomming a little clutterd. I propose the following change to top level packages

  | org.jboss.ws.common
  | org.jboss.ws.common.api
  | org.jboss.ws.common.metadata
  |
  | org.jboss.ws.core
  | org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc
  | org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws
  |
  | org.jboss.ws.extras
  | org.jboss.ws.extras.addressing
  | org.jboss.ws.extras.eventing
  | org.jboss.ws.extras.policy
  | org.jboss.ws.extras.security
  | org.jboss.ws.extras.xop
  |
  | org.jboss.ws.integration
  | org.jboss.ws.integration.jboss40
  | org.jboss.ws.integration.jboss50
  | org.jboss.ws.integration.tomcat
  |
  | org.jboss.ws.tools

Further refactoring would be necessary such that

   * core only has a dependency on common, so has tools.
   * core does not have a dependency on tools.

When this is done, we move common and tools in their respective modules that then can be reused accross branches. Shortly we will have a third branch to maintain jbossws-1.2, wich is targeted for jboss-4.2.x.  This can only be done efficiently if the code bases do not divert more than necessary.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991503#3991503

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991503