[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Proposed new package structure

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 23:32:37 EST 2006

Are you referring to using the same tools and common binary across branches? I don't think we should go this route because tools changes often impact metadata, tools, and common/core. Therefore if we did this we would surely end up maintaining multiple versions of binary dependencies which is just as much if not more work (since you would need branches for each subcomponent).

The only diversion that I think is necessary for 4.2 is a couple of configuration lines for remoting. IMO as long as this is true, I think it would be better just to add code that detects which version of remoting, and then configures appropriately across all versions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991526#3991526

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991526