[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Proposed new package structure

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 09:36:24 EST 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | Therefore if we did this we would surely end up maintaining multiple versions of binary dependencies which is just as much if not more work (since you would need branches for each subcomponent).

Only if the changes are not backward compatible, which they should be given that trunk is a superset in functionality.

Looking at it from a different angle, there is no way we would be able to maintain the current largely divereged code base.  Therefore it is a MUST that we consolidate.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991650#3991650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991650