[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: ws-eventing clustering problem

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 09:53:22 EST 2006

Your approach is perfectly valid. I just think that the problem is not directly related to WS-Eventing. It's more an addressing problem.

Two simple use cases:

1.) client send's subscribe request
1.1 ) loadbalancer points it to node A
1.3) event source on node A addresses the subscription manager (node B) HA-Singleton through HA-JNDI
1.4) event source sends  SM EPR (node B) to client

2.) client send's renew
2.1)  loadbalancer points it to node C
2.3) EXCEPTION: no subscription manager on node C

OK. So far you are right.
The load balancer doesn't know about the addressing porperties.
But JBossWS does. Currently we can dispatch beased on WS-Addressing properties. I think this should be extended to fully support virtual addresses within a cluster topology.

IMO this problem is not related to WS-Eventing in particular.
It's a WS-Addressing problem that occurs in any cluster toplogy and should addressed there.

Therefore i'd favor a common solution that's build around WS-Addressing and thus supports any WS-* extension which is composed with WSA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989720#3989720

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989720