[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Prototype Ready for Preview

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 06:49:30 EST 2007

Hi Richard,

while working with the RM implementation I was wondering about the Quality of Service (QoS) aspect of WS-RM. In my understanding the RM Sender/Receiver must be high available (HA) components such that the Client can (always) communicate with the RM Sender and likewise the RM Sender can always communicate with the RM Receiver.

  | Client  <-->  RM Sender  <-------> RM Receiver  <-->  Endpoint
  |                          QoS                               QoS

On the contrary, if the RM Sender is coupled with the client proxy or the RM Receiver is coupled with the Endpoint, it would in my opinion defeat the purpose of RM. In other words, if the RM Receiver is only available if the Endpoint is available, the client might as well talk to the Endpoint directly.

Using your implementation, would it (eventually) be possible to deploy the RM Sender/Receiver as separate HA components (i.e. on dedicated boxes)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114954#4114954

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114954