[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Prototype Ready for Preview

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 08:40:10 EST 2007

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote :

  | On the contrary, if the RM Sender is coupled with the client proxy or the RM Receiver is coupled with the Endpoint, it would in my opinion defeat the purpose of RM. In other words, if the RM Receiver is only available if the Endpoint is available, the client might as well talk to the Endpoint directly.
  |
  | Using your implementation, would it (eventually) be possible to deploy the RM Sender/Receiver as separate HA components (i.e. on dedicated boxes)?

Hi Thomas,

   you're absolutely right. The fact that both RM Sender / Receiver are coupled with client proxy/endpoint defeat the purpose of RM.
   The reason I decided to provide the initial prototype this way was to support WS-Security as well.
   If we will want to support WS-Security and decouple both RM Sender / Receiver we need to move WS-Security one level lower (that is to move it from handler to transport marshallers).
   Other option is to forget about WS-RM + WS-Security combination and to decouple the RM Sender/Receiver.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114969#4114969

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114969