[jbossws-dev] Re: Assigned jira issues

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Fri Jun 15 09:06:52 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 16:29 -0400, David Boeren wrote:
> I've been working on the 1653 issue but without much success.  I think I
> will need to transfer that case to you to have a look.  I have the list
> of failed test cases down fairly low but each change I have tried either
> has no effect or creates new problems.  I've been testing manually
> though as I have not figured out how to create a junit test which alters
> the default handler settings but does not impact other tests.  Do you
> know of a way to accomplish this?

This can probably be done with a class loading trick.

> I will get on creating a test for the 1665 case as you requested.  I
> thought the attached files which reproduced the error were sufficient
> for it to be worked on, but it this is not so I'll add it to junit.

It helps a great deal if you create the test yourself. You understand
the issue best. Hence you would be able to create a test case that
isolates the issue well. The test does not have to pass, instead it can
be disable with a FIXME.

When we have a test case (that documents itself well) it will be a lot
easier for us to help you out in case you get stuck.

cheers
-thomas