[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 4 - Production

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 11:33:09 EST 2007

Hi Stefano,

"maeste" wrote : What I would jbossws provide at this level is a sophisticated log system, giving me the opportunity to understand who is using my service and how.
  | My idea is to provide a log (and docs to explain how to enable/disable or set a dedicated file and so on) awstats compatible. I know awstats is designed for web apps, but I think you (we if I get time to contribute) can think how to provide compatible logs, because it is grat for immediate statistic and graphs.

Graphical stats have the plus of being really powerful in providing informations in a way that is both brief and effective. For this reason I like your idea of giving the ws administrator a mean of viewing stats graphically.
We have to think how this could be achieved; for example the informations we are interested in might be not all in the http header; most probably we would have to create a new log format and something able to deal with it (perhaps using awstat).

Anyway, generally speaking, I think the idea of having something like a WS log repository to query with different filters for getting informations on both pre-defined and custom (the admin decides through the jmx-console) time period is definitively interesting.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104221#4104221

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104221