[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 0 - WS Culture

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 09:43:51 EDT 2007

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :  terminology and related technologies (WSDL, SOAP, etc)

  | IMO people should get to know as much as necessary, but as little as possible. I would confront them with all those acronyms in the first, but talk about contract, payload and endpoint for instance. It will break down to the details soon enough in the subsequent levels.
  |
  | The poster is nice, but useless for beginners.

Yes, I agree with you. For instance, when I wrote about the terminology I was thinking about something like -of course I'm over simplifying here- "ok, the service provider publish a service contract describing what it can do; this is written in WSDL, etc". Then we could point to specific resources going deep in details (either on our wiki or external), but the high level view I would provide should be... very high level ;-) Our goal here is only to have the reader understand the fundamentals things she can't miss about the webservices and their aims (interoperability etc.)

This said, yes, the poster gives a nice view of standards showing how they might be organized (it's now on my desktop ;-) )

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095254#4095254

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095254