[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 3 - Transition / staging

maeste do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 18:09:45 EDT 2007

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | * Speaking of tools, I'm thinking about something (let's say in the jmx-console) to enable/disable logging on every endpoint (see this post http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115661).

Of course I agree ;P...well time it's a problem in this period, but I'll try to take a look soon as promised in that post.

anonymous wrote :
  | Moreover we should cope with client side logging too, at least in the documentation; I'm thinking about explaining the need for tools like
  | TCP-Mon
  | http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/
  | or Lms
  | http://www.javalinuxlabs.org/lms/index.html

I'm convinced this kind of tool should be web based since, in my experience, a lot of time you need to trace communication with external customers and it's possible only with public IP address. Servers isn't used to have an X server active to use TCPMon....
Moreover LMS could be extended to communicate with the logging MBean described above and used to read (from a single console) server logs (or better all logs in the server farm) and client side logging if "proxy" feature is activated...

anonymous wrote :
  | * Finally, speaking of QA tests, I would suggest users a web based tool for generic webservice invocation; developers might feel comfortable with java test cases or IDE tools, however those might be too difficult to be used by non-technical guys like QA testers. For example Wise (http://www.javalinuxlabs.org/wise/index.html) provides this functionality.
This sound like music to my ears...:)
As said in previous level it could be very useful also to generate unit test starting from QA tests, and in my experience (we use it internally since 3 years) it facilitate a lot the communication between QA and developers about ws bugs.

hoping it may help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095816#4095816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095816