[jbossws-dev] Moving to SPI 3 M1

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 10:53:01 EDT 2008

Hi Heiko,

  I finally found some time to study the SPI 3.0 M1 first cut.
I identified the following basic building blocks of the new SPI:

* InvocationHandler
* RequestHandler
* EndpointRegistry
* TransportManager
* WSFRuntime
* DeploymentAspect
* DeploymentModel

Comments:

* I don't like WSFRuntime interface name.
  WebServiceRuntime would be a better term.
* I don't like there are DeploymentAspects involed.
  I guess your next step is to remove dependency on them?
* The DeploymentModel is going to be part of the SPI 3.0
  or it's just part of this first prototype?

Questions:

* What is going to change in SPI 3.0 M2?
* When do you plan to provide SPI 3.0 M2 for preview?
* Don't you need help with some parts of SPI 3.0?

Richard