[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBMETA-44, ws annotation processing for references

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 16:42:48 EDT 2008

Hi Emanuel,
"emuckenhuber" wrote :
  | This also requires the processing of @HandlerChain? e.g.:
  |

  |   | @WebServiceRef
  |   | @HandlerChain(file = "handler-chains.xml")
  |   |

  | Where the file contains the handler-chains like this file: https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossws/framework/trunk/testsuite/test/java/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/handlerscope/jaxws-client-handlers.xml
  |
  | Which would be represented by ServiceReferenceHandlerChainsMetaData?
  |
  | I also looked briefly at processing ServiceReferenceHandlerMetaData, but this does not seem to be possible with annotations - or am i missing something?
Generally speaking this use case (@HandlerChain on a service ref) should of course be supported.
As far as I can see we don't have a testcase for this yet, thus I think I'll start creating one.
I'll look at this more in deep tomorrow. Need to understand whether the processing you talk about is actually required or not, since the jbossws service ref binder seems to use the UnifiedServiceRefMetaData's String handlerChain attribute and read directly the @HandlerChain from the annotated element you provide us.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158826#4158826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158826