[jbossws-dev] Re: Web Service Stack for EAP 5

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 09:53:54 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

We discussed this topic on Friday last week during our internal team
workshop. As a result we came up with the idea of defining the set of
required functionality for an enterprise ready web service stack and
compare what we currently have in all three stacks. The result of this
comparison would give us a clearer idea of how we want to move forward
and how we distribute our available resources.

http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=JBossWSSupportedStackComparison

Native is the only certified stack, integration work for WS-TX pending,
weak in the tools area.

CXF has javaee5 certification pending, integration and documentation of
extended functionality pending.

Metro has javaee5 certification pending, integration and documentation
of extended functionality pending. Metro is also considering their offer
complete.

My preferred strategy would be to gradually unlock more of the Metro/CXF
functionality (maybe 20% of our time) and start the TCK effort for one
of the stacks when/if we decide to replace our default stack. But
instead of jumping to a conclusion, I would like to bounce this back to
you for feedback.

cheers
-thomas

--