[jbossws-dev] Re: Web Service Stack for EAP 5

Mark Little mlittle at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 08:40:31 EDT 2008

On 18 Mar 2008, at 17:39, Burr Sutter wrote:

>> We do have WS-AT and WS-BA support, just not using JBossWS.
> So when we say that WS-Transactions are there but not using JBossWS,
> what does that specifically mean from an end-user perspective?  Can
> I run both in the same container at the same time, mix & match
> endpoints?  Can I annotate my POJO with @WebService and then change
> some configuration files to "engage" WS-Transactions capabilities?

It means that WS-C/WS-AT and WS-BA are present, tested and using their
own SOAP stack for the protocol aspects. If JBossWS is used for the
application, then the only thing that needs to be added to the SOAP
message is the context. And there are handlers for that too.

>> Yes, that's correct. But show me the 10 people who are waiting to
>> help us add all of these capabilities into JBossWS within the next
>> few weeks, and maybe we can revisit.
> I'm certainly not trying to suggest that these capabilities would
> come without some resource investment.  With that said, it is a
> belief within the customer/prospect base that the integration of
> Metro or CXF would mean we get some/all of these "for free" by
> simply including their stacks in our platform.

We'd definitely get there quicker. But not "for free" ;-)

> Now, I'm sure there is still a ton of integration work, QA work,
> testsuite integration, new test case creation, build system retrofit
> and this assumption is based on theory that CXF and Metro have high
> quality implementations of those standards that don't require us to
> fix.

Mark.

----
Mark Little
mlittle at redhat.com

JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt
Parsons (USA) and Brendan Lane (Ireland).