[jbossws-dev] Wiki categories

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Mon May 5 15:43:16 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,
> I added technology specific categories because I thought I forgot to
> do it
no problem :-)

>> Do you think added value comes from technology specific grouping of
>> pages?
> It could be useful but it's not necessary IMHO. If it breaks our
> categories policy, we should remove them
>> Btw I'm also concerned about the CXF, Native and Metro category:
> According to our categories policy they are useless
>> I think the Native category would need to include so many pages that
>> it becomes actually useless. Having the 3 user guide pages that link
>> to all the stack specific pages is the right solution imho.
>> Any thought about this?
I/we have actually set no category policy, it's just a matter of
grouping the pages in a useful way for the user. When we started working
at the wiki we though that way could be to follow the lifecycle of a
(ws) application; that's the reason for the high level category names.
This doesn't mean this has to be the only way of grouping pages (hence
my first email today ;-) )
Cheers
Alessio