[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBossWS Deployers Integration

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 6 05:19:44 EDT 2009

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Basically, we had a abstraction to support AS4.2 deployment in a similar way to AS 5.x, now most of that additional abstraction is gone, why DA are still there? Can't we simply move each of them in a different deployer? (considering the WSDeploymentDeployer seems to me just something like a wrapper of the DAs)

Yes, DA abstraction is still there and will probably stay there ;)
There are two main reasons why we're wrapping JBossWS DAs:

 we can't replace DAs with Deployers, otherwise our stacks will be tightly coupled with AS internals. To separate all supported SOAP stacks from different AS versions we have AS IL (JBoss AS Integration Layer) that does that abstraction job. Note that there are DAs specified in stack config files, and we want to keep them AS agnostic.
 we will need to implement Endpoint.publish() in near future (this will use DAs via DAManager - DAManager will be used as the replacement of deployers chain on Java client side)

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I saw the comment, perhaps a brief summary of the infinite discussion with Ales should be added to the jira description :-) It's not that clear otherwise. Btw, what's the status of JBDEPLOY-201? I see it's marked as in progress, but it doesn't seem to me somebody is working on it...
  | Thanks
IMHO the JBDEPLOY-201 title is self descriptive. Regarding that issue Ales Justin just wrote me:

Currently there is no rush for it.
Hence I don't see the point of cutting new release,
as I have already done them too many.
I rather wait and get any additional fixes in (e.g. recent 208, 209).

I'll at least try to port the changes to Branch_2_0 asap,
so you can easily run a 2.0.9-SNAPSHOT version to test your stuff.

I just asked him to port the changes to JBDeploy Branch_2_0 branch so we can test the fix using 2.0.9-SNAPSHOT

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248386#4248386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248386