[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBossWS Deployers Integration

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 6 04:46:30 EDT 2009

"richard.opalka at jboss.com" wrote : "alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   | So, what's actually the reason for doing this, instead of having an actual separate deployer for each of the current deployment aspect, instead of doing the wrap process into WSDeploymentAspectDeployer? Wouldn't it be clearer?
  |   |
  | The main reason is to enable other AS deployers to hook into WS deployers pipeline, see this.
Perhaps you're not getting me right, what I propose would make that even easier (as we'll end up with N real deployers instead of 4 deployers + 1 being instanciated multiple times according to the DeploymentAspect provided in the configuration).
Basically, we had a abstraction to support AS4.2 deployment in a similar way to AS 5.x, now most of that additional abstraction is gone, why DA are still there? Can't we simply move each of them in a different deployer? (considering the WSDeploymentDeployer seems to me just something like a wrapper of the DAs)

anonymous wrote :
  | "alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   | So my question is, why is relativeOrder required for all the deployment aspects turning into WSDeploymentAspectDeployer instances?
  | Comment in jboss-beans config files is self descriptive ;)
  |
  | <!-- [JBDEPLOY-201] workaround -->
  |
  | In short about JBDEPLOY-201.
  | There's a bug in domino ordering (deployers ordeing AS implementation) we have to workaround until fix is available in AS. This bug appears if there are multiple inputs/outputs specified on deployers (this affects all WS deployers, except WSDescriptorDeployer).

I saw the comment, perhaps a brief summary of the infinite discussion with Ales should be added to the jira description :-) It's not that clear otherwise. Btw, what's the status of JBDEPLOY-201? I see it's marked as in progress, but it doesn't seem to me somebody is working on it...

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248365#4248365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248365