[jbossws-dev] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Re: JBossWS Deployers Architecture

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 8 03:48:42 EST 2009

"bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Are the aspectized deployers just a abstraction for JBossWS so that it can move/integration smoothly between different deployment mechanisms?

Exactly, U got it ;)

Let me explain you our architecture more high level.

There are three main JBossWS integration points:
 * SPI
 * ASIL (application server integration layer)
 * SSIL (SOAP stack integration layer)

Our SPI provides abstraction for different JBossAS servers and SOAP stacks.
The SPI help us to be both JBossAS and SOAP stack agnostic.
To achieve it, our SPI have its own UMDM (universal meta data model)
that is generated from both JBossAS and SOAP stack MD (meta data).

The ASIL always resides in JBossAS/webservices module
and implements our SPI (to be JBossAS agnostic).
Of course it has no notion about SOAP stack and uses our SPI to integrate with it.
The goals of ASIL are:
 * AS components integration (EJB3 invocations, injection, Web MD modification)
 * AS MD => UMDM translation (translate JBossAS MD to JBossAS agnostic MD)
 * deployers integration (moves deployers abstraction one step higher, we have custom
WSDeploymentAspectDeployer that allows us to decouple from JBossAS specific deployers
and thus allows us to support multible JBossAS versions as pictured above)

The SSIL allows us to support different SOAP stacks. Currently we provide support for three SOAP stacks:
 * Native (SVN, Home Page)
 * Metro (SVN, Home Page)
 * CXF (SVN, Home Page)

The SSIL  always resides in separate JBoss SVN
and implements our SPI (to be SOAP stack agnostic).
Of course it has no notion about JBossAS server and uses our SPI to integrate with it.

So back to answer your question.
"bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Are the aspectized deployers just a abstraction for JBossWS so that it can move/integration smoothly between different deployment mechanisms?

We have WSDeploymentAspectDeployer to decouple from JBossAS internals and
allow us to execute both JBossAS and SOAP stack agnostic DAs (Deployment Aspects).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269512#4269512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4269512