[jbossws-dev] [JBWS-CXF] On injections and @PostConstruct

Sergey Beryozkin sberyozk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 13:24:01 EDT 2010

Hi

> > > I'd only consider postponing @PostConstruct, but a  more complete
> > solution could be indeed providing a custom ResourceInjector
> > > as you suggested...
> > >

> > OK. Being able to provide a custom resource injector would also be
> > way
> > for postponing the @PostConstruct invocation in an clean way,
> without
> >
> > the need for re-defining the server factory bean.
>

> I'll investigate and see what can be done at the CXF level

After doing the initial investigation, it seems to me that introducing a 'blockPostConstruct' property into
JaxWsServerFactoryBean can make the trick. Another update which is needed is adding a protected JAXWSServerFactoryBean getter to CXF EndpointImpl so that a JBoss CXF EmdpointImpl can set a blockPostConstruct property to true thus not requiring overriding JAXWSServerFactoryBean and injecting it into CXF EndpointImpl;

I'll also enable the injection of a custom ResourceInjector

cheers, Sergey