[jbossws-dev] WS-AT policy integration

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 08:28:35 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

On 11/09/2011 02:04 PM, Paul Robinson wrote:
> Alessio,
> I assume there is a wsat:ATAssertion present in the WSDL with
> optional=false. Hence the reason for the Exception.

yeah, that's pretty much my understanding too

> By beginning a WS-AT
> transaction on the Client and using the XTS client side interceptor, the
> TX context will flow with the application soap message and hopefully be
> accepted by the policy assertion.

OK, good. I really need to refresh my memory a bit on the final user API
provided by XTS. It might even be possible to have JBossWS-CXF associate
that interceptor to the Apache CXF policy engine, so that the
interceptor is automatically installed when the server policy requires
that... ?

Btw, the exception the user is getting is actually thrown by CXF on
client side, when processing the server wsdl to prepare the client stubs
for the invocation. So afaics from the logs, the Glassfish server is not
even reached atm. That's why I suggested the user to try building the
client from a local copy of the wsdl contract modified so that the cxf
policy engine does not fail because of required ws-at.

> If he wants to invoke the service in the scope of a transaction, then
> this is the way to go.
>
> XTS does support WS-AT. We have a demo application and some good
> documentation for him to follow.

Good

> I'd have to see the WSDL to know if there was an alternative.
>
> I can reply on the forum if you would like?

Yes, please.
Thanks
Alessio

--