[jbossws-dev] Eliminate the EndpointRegistry and consolidate the management

Jim Ma ema at redhat.com
Thu May 30 02:21:09 EDT 2013

Hi Alessio,
Please see my comments in line.
On 05/27/2013 10:19 PM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On 05/27/2013 06:16 AM, Jim Ma wrote:
>
>>    Yes. This will bring us two pros: 1) as you said , no need to
>> register/unregister endpoints.
>>    2) we  can also simplify or remove the EndpointLifeCycleHandler: we do
>> this job when the
>>    EndpointService is started/stopped.
> Would you simply remove the EndpointLifecycleDeploymentAspect and move
> the LifeCycleHandlers call into the EndpointService, or have anything
> more in mind?
We can simply remove the EndpointlifecyleDA and move the
LifeCycleHandler call
into EndpointService. Or we make it simpler: we do the invocationHandler
initialization
and EndpointMetrics start/stop directly in EndpointService without
calling the
EndpointLifeCycle,  if we don't expose this interface to user and allow
user to add his own
LifeCycleHander. Let's evaluate if exposing the endpoint lifecycle
handler to user is
valuable and make sense.

Thanks,
Jim