[jbossws-dev] Eliminate the EndpointRegistry and consolidate the management

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Thu May 30 07:37:53 EDT 2013

Hi Jim,

On 05/30/2013 08:21 AM, Jim Ma wrote:
>>>    Yes. This will bring us two pros: 1) as you said , no need to
>>> register/unregister endpoints.
>>>    2) we  can also simplify or remove the EndpointLifeCycleHandler:
>>> we do
>>> this job when the
>>>    EndpointService is started/stopped.
>> Would you simply remove the EndpointLifecycleDeploymentAspect and move
>> the LifeCycleHandlers call into the EndpointService, or have anything
>> more in mind?
> We can simply remove the EndpointlifecyleDA and move the
> LifeCycleHandler call
> into EndpointService. Or we make it simpler: we do the invocationHandler
> initialization
> and EndpointMetrics start/stop directly in EndpointService without
> calling the
> EndpointLifeCycle,  if we don't expose this interface to user and allow
> user to add his own
> LifeCycleHander. Let's evaluate if exposing the endpoint lifecycle
> handler to user is
> valuable and make sense.

to be honest, it's not a matter of users here, we're talking about an
interface that's used for container integration needs. So, the reason
why we had that LifeCycleHandler thing was afair to have clear control
point for the endpoint start/stop. During undeploy, the first thing we
do is stopping the endpoint, which basically close the processing of
requests, allowing the undeploy process to do what it has to do.
So, any solution we come out with needs to ensure we immediately stop
processing incoming requests as the first step of the undeploy process.
So just please make sure that moving stuff in the EndpointService
satisfies this "requirement".

Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano