[jbossws-dev] New configuration options proposal

Jim Ma ema at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 02:39:34 EDT 2014

On 09/29/2014 11:02 PM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Folks,
> I've been chatting with users and thinking a bit about the
> client/endpoint descriptor-based configuration options we currently
> offer in JBossWS. Looks like there's room for improvement, mainly to
> allow setting stuff that is currently controlled through JBossWS /
> Apache CXF APIs only. Hence, here is a proposal for few additions,
> please have a look and let me know any comment.
>
> * New client descriptor
> Currently we do have the jboss-webservices.xml descriptor on server
> side; it allows setting options for endpoints included in the
> deployment. For example, we can have properties specified in there,
> which can affect the pre-defined endpoint config selection, some Apache
> CXF features (policy alernative selection, just to say one), etc.
> We don't have a corresponding client descriptor though. We could have a
> default descriptor (say, jboss-webservices-client.xml) to be looked up
> through TCCL when building JAX-WS client services. That would allow
> setting properties for the specific client instead of at system/jvm
> level; we already have properties for getting a specific pre-defined
> client configuration, for controlling cxf bus selection, etc.
   Can we add the new elements in the old named jboss-webservices.xml
instead of introducing another new descriptor ?  Configure all things in
one file will be better and easy to maintain in the future.
> * Addition to the jboss-webservices.xml schema
> In jboss-webservices.xml we currently allow setting deployment level
> properties. We should evaluate setting properties also at endpoint/port
> level, basically within the port-component section.
I totally agree with this. I remembered we talked about this before and
we need to remove this configuration limitation.

> * Apache CXF interceptors setup through properties
> Speaking of properties, currently specified in jboss-webservices.xml and
> possibly in jboss-webservices-client.xml, we could start supporting two
> additional props:
> * org.apache.cxf.interceptor.InInterceptors, with the value string to be
> parsed for getting a list of in-interceptor classnames; basically to
> achieve the same we get with @InInterceptor
> * org.apache.cxf.interceptor.OutInterceptors, with the value string to
> be parsed for getting a list of out-interceptor classnames; basically to
> achieve the same we get with @OutInterceptor
> The interceptors would be attached either to the bus or to the
> client/endpoint depending on where the property is declared.
   +1