[jbossws-users] accumulating files in server/default/data/wsdl

Andrew Skiba skibaa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:04:37 EST 2009

Hello,

I've encountered a problem with generated WSDL files on jboss-4.2.3.
To reproduce it, I created an EJB jar with web service class annotated
like this:

@Stateless(mappedName = ICounterManagerWSRemote.NAME, name =
ICounterManagerWSRemote.NAME, description =
ICounterManagerWSRemote.NAME)
@Remote(ICounterManagerWSRemote.class)
@RemoteBinding(jndiBinding =ICounterManagerWSRemote.NAME_REMOTE)
@WebService(name =
"CounterManagerWS", targetNamespace = "urn:countermanagerws",
serviceName = "CounterManagerWS")
@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, parameterStyle =
ParameterStyle.BARE)

Then I created an EAR containing this EJB, a WAR which accesses the WS
and deployed it on JBoss. Now every time I start the JBoss server, it
generates a new WSDL like this: server/default/data/wsdl/
ServletStateless.ear/ServletStateless-ejb.jar/
CounterManagerWS2051720417134744551.
wsdl

When the application has many complex web services, these files become
quite big, and are generated on every server start. So my question is:
is this a known issue? What's the best way to handle this problem? Add
an rm command to JBoss startup script?

Thanks.

Andrew.