[jbpm-dev] jBPM 4.x dead end?

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 19:30:29 EDT 2010

Scott,

> To me, jBPM 5 looks a lot more like Drools Flow than jBPM 4.x: for
> example, the vision includes WS-HT, integrated rules/events, and
> apparently no support for jpdl.

Part of these decision are driven by the fact that we acknowledge the
importance of standards instead of custom, proprietary solutions.  I
think the user will only benefit from using a standard in the long run.
These decisions have been discussed internally for quite some time as
part of a consolidation effort and most of these decision have been
agreed on with both teams a long ago.  Imho, they are the normal next
step forward, not a move away from the existing jBPM vision.

Mark Little explained this in his blog as well:
http://community.jboss.org/blogs/mark.little/2010/04/23/the-future-of-workflow-in-jboss

Kris