[jbpm-users] Email Service Task. JBPM 5.1

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 15:07:01 EDT 2011

Hi Alex, in Eclipse when you create a new jBPM5 project, the default
workitem configurations are received from the runtime. If you are
looking for the sources of those defaults, look here:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-core/src/main/resources/META-INF.

When in your project you set drools.workDefinitions property value to
your own configuration, it overwrites the default one.

You have to have the handlers of your workitems on the classpath. To
register a handler look at the docs, specifically this part of chapter
13: http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch13.html#d0e3568. The
default implementations of the Email and Log handlers are here:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-workitems/src/main/java/org/jbpm/process/workitem/email/EmailWorkItemHandler.java
and
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-flow/src/main/java/org/jbpm/process/instance/impl/demo/SystemOutWorkItemHandler.java,
respectively.