[jdf-dev] QSTools - Quickstarts tooling automation update to meet remote quickstarts

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 18:18:13 EDT 2013

Hi all, Sande and Pete,

One significant change in JDF Quickstarts repo is the use of git
submodules to bring remote quickstarts to JDF. But... Sometimes remote
quickstarts doesn't ( and don't want/need to ) follow JDF Contributing
guide (
https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jboss-as-quickstart/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
).

There are some requirements from QSTools (
https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/docs/DOC-132902 ) that I believe that
we should update to split in two categories ( desired and mandatory ).

The definitions bellow are what I see differences across JBoss projects:
  - package and groupId name (of course) - We already defined that using
org.jboss.quickstarts.(eap|wfk|...) is optional from other Quickstarts
(not JDF) but should be consistent within the product
  - License Headers
  - Spacing and Indentation formats

What do you think? Is it it desired to be more or less restrictive for
other quickstarts and also turn it in an automated pattern?

I'm bringing this discussion mainly because it is a recurrent discussion
for remote projects like
- Infinispan:
https://github.com/infinispan/jdg-quickstart/pull/20#issuecomment-20968520
- GateIn:
http://transcripts.jboss.org/channel/irc.freenode.org/%23jboss-jdf/2013/%23jboss-jdf.2013-06-21.log.html#t2013-06-21T13:39:31
- And probable new others like BRMS, Fuse and Switchyard Quickstarts.

--
Rafael Benevides | Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat Brazil

See how it works at redhat.com