[jdf-dev] QSTools - Quickstarts tooling automation update to meet remote quickstarts

Sande Gilda sgilda at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 19:54:33 EDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 06:18 PM, Rafael Benevides wrote:
> Hi all, Sande and Pete,
>
> One significant change in JDF Quickstarts repo is the use of git
> submodules to bring remote quickstarts to JDF. But... Sometimes remote
> quickstarts doesn't ( and don't want/need to ) follow JDF Contributing
> guide (
> https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jboss-as-quickstart/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
> ).
>
> There are some requirements from QSTools (
> https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/docs/DOC-132902 ) that I believe that
> we should update to split in two categories ( desired and mandatory ).
>
> The definitions bellow are what I see differences across JBoss projects:
>  - package and groupId name (of course) - We already defined that
> using org.jboss.quickstarts.(eap|wfk|...) is optional from other
> Quickstarts (not JDF) but should be consistent within the product
Agreed. Could we define properties or some other type of file that could
define the valid packages, groups, etc for each product?
>  - License Headers
Yes. We saw this with the Spring-based quickstarts that originate
elsewhere. I'd still like to see this reported in case they are EAP
quickstarts.
>  - Spacing and Indentation formats

I don't see this as being something someone would object too. But maybe
I'm wrong? Again, I'd still like to see this reported in case they are
EAP quickstarts.