[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Kito Mann kito.mann at VIRTUA.COM
Wed May 6 13:18:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> said:
>
> KM> Hello Ed,
> KM> I think you and Roger have done a wonderful job putting this all
> together,
> KM> especially with all of the different artifacts. A few comments:
>
> KM> PLD Docs
>
> KM> * Since we've decided to call it the VDL, why are these still called
> KM> PDLDocs?
>
> That's not worth fixing right now.
>
> KM> * The <composite:attribute> "method-signature" should probably be
> renamed
> KM> "methodSignature" to be more consistent with the other attributes
>
> We'll have to live with that, unfortunately.
>
> KM> PDF
>
> KM> Whole document -- "page description language" is still used in a few
> places
> KM> -- a Search and Replace needs to be performed, and this will create
> some
> KM> minor changes for the RI  (for example, the configuration in 11.4.5)
>
> Thanks, I thought I got those, but I guess not.  I hope some changes
> were not over-ridden due to the inability of version control to deal
> with .fm files correctly.
>
> Fixed.
>
> KM> * Section 3.6.1.6, formatting is messed up
>
> Fixed
>
> KM> * Section 5.6.1, p 5-15: "resource" is spelled incorrectly when
> describing
> KM> getValue()
>
> Fixed.
>
> KM> * Section 5.6.2 doesn't mention "flash" as an implicit variable, and I
> don't
> KM> see any other reference to how it is resolved in the PDF. The JavaDocs
> for
> KM> Flash say its an implicit variable called "flash".
>
> Fixed.
>
> KM> In addition, I would
> KM> expect "flash" to be "flashScope" like the other scope (even though it
> has
> KM> special semantics).
>
> For ease of use and convention with Rails.

In that case, I think we should _also_ support flashScope. Otherwise it
looks like we made a mistake to non-Rails developers.

> KM> And why is flash a property of the ExternalContext instead of the
> KM> FacesContext?
>
> Portlet requirements.
>
> KM> * Section 13.1.1.1 -- As I've mentioned several times, it's silly for
> us not
> KM> to have a simple @AjaxResource annotation that encapsulates the
> standard
> KM> librarry name and its location. Every component developer is going to
> have
> KM> to do this themselves.
>
> That's a new feature for 2.1
>
> KM> * Section 13.1.1.3 -- Same issue as 13.1.1.1 -- should be a
> KM> <h:outputAjaxScript/> element
>
> That's a new feature for 2.1

I'll add these the bug tracker, but I don't see why they can't be in a
maintenance release, since it's really just syntactic sugar.