[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Attribute and State Management in Custom ClientBehaviors

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Tue Aug 3 09:39:18 EDT 2010

Hey Cagatay -

Yes, this is definitely a problem.  Ideally we should have generic
support for both:

- ValueExpression-based attributes and...
- State saving (including partial state saving)

Across components, behaviors, converters and validators.

In Trinidad-land we solve this problem by reusing FacesBean across these
various types of objects (ie. FacesBean is not component-specific).  We
should take a look to see whether we can do something similar with
StateHelper.

Andy