[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Proposal [868-DropCURRENT_COMPONENT CURRENT_COMPOSITE_COMPONENT]

Kito Mann kito.mann at virtua.com
Mon Aug 16 12:10:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Ed Burns <edward.burns at oracle.com> wrote:

> said:
>
> KM> Couldn't you modify the map to return the constant values for the
> KM> proper keys? That way, they would be read-only values that don't
> KM> need to be stored, the Map just needs to know the keys.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Can you please restate it
> differently?

Basically, what I'm saying is that we could change the Map implementation to
simply delegate to UIComponent.getCurrentComponent()  and
UIComponent.getCurrentCompositeComponent()
in the get() method whenever the key value is CURRENT_COMPONENT or
CURRENT_COMPOSITE_COMPONENT. This way we'd save space but would maintain
backwards compatibility without the switch.