[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [ADMIN]Decision: Drop support for JavaSE 5 in ongoing Oracle Mojarra 2.1 development efforts

Neil Griffin neil.griffin at portletfaces.org
Mon Aug 16 14:30:27 EDT 2010

Although I understand that Java SE 5 has reached end-of-life status, unless there are features in Java SE 6 that are needed by Mojarra, my vote would be to compile with Java SE 5.

Believe it or not, there are Fortune 500 companies that are still version-locked on Java 1.4.

IMHO it would hinder adoption to require a Java 6 JRE for Mojarra 2.1.