[jsr-314-open] Problem with Resource.getRequestPath() in a portlet environment

Neil Griffin neil.griffin at portletfaces.org
Wed Jan 13 12:18:04 EST 2010

Hello all,

This could be a bug in Mojarra 2.0.2, or it could be a problem with the spec -- I'm not sure. Someone please help me out. :-)

I'm trying to get JSF 2.0 resource stuff to work right in the PortletFaces Bridge, but the return value from Resource.getRequestPath() is not encoded...

So the question is... who's responsibility is it to call ExternalContext.encodeResourceURL()? Should that already be done by Resource.getRequestPath(), or should the calling method  (like StyleSheetRenderer.encodeEnd(FacesContext, UIComponent) take care of it?

Thanks,

Neil