[keycloak-dev] SAML as social login?

Matt Casperson mcaspers at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 15:57:08 EST 2014

The value KeyCloak offers us (if I understand correctly) is that we can build applications against KeyCloak and not have to worry about where the users details eventually come from. In our local deployment, KeyCloak might be nothing more than a middleman between our application and an existing SSO solution. But it is nice to be able to support other deployment scenarios where KeyCloak is used as a complete and independent security solution, with no changes to our code.

So it is very valuable to us to have a project like KeyCloak providing a sliding scale solution from "just bouncing messages between the browser and the existing user database" to "we have no existing user database, so KeyCloak has to do everything" with little more than a few toggles in a UI.

Regards

Matthew Casperson
RHCE, RHCJA # 111-072-237
Engineering Content Services