[keycloak-dev] theme thought

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 08:01:42 EST 2014

> Not sure why you'd want multiple themes?

Different apps may want a different logon screens?

> Internationalization will be taken care of by locale specific message bundles (e.g. messages_no.properties). We could also add the option of having locale specific templates (e.g. login_no.ftl), not sure that would be needed though.

message bundles work great for logging messages.  I'm not sure its
always the case for rendered content.  I've also been told in the past
that different cultures prefer different color schemes.

I don't know what the right answer is, but its something that should be
researched for best practice.

> I'm not sure how correct locale is discovered either, I'm sure there's folks on the portal theme that knows this ;). We may need to add an option to pass it as a query param from the app though. With the hostname examples you've given wouldn't those be app urls rather than keycloak urls?

Answering my own question: Openid Connect supports locale as a query param.