[keycloak-dev] WildFly subsystem and demo

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 09:32:34 EST 2014

Sorry, took a vacation day yesterday.  had some friends from Denmark
here in the US and we went skiing locally...

> I've just tried out deploying the demo manually using the WildFly subsystem. It's very cool and I really like how the WildFly subsystem has made things so much simpler. Some comments though on my "experience" trying this out.
>
> 1. Having to edit standalone.xml to add secure-deployment requires restarting the server. In installation tab we could have an additional option that lists the jboss-cli command to add this at runtime

Ugh, I forgot to mention you needed to restart in the doco.

Also, if you remember, I was going to add an option in keycloak that
allowed the admin console to remotely set up this config.  But, on
second thought, this requires setting up an admin on the wildfly
instance.  It actually seems easier to just cut and paste from the admin
console window to standalone.xml and restart the server.  I don't think
you're going to be securing live systems.

> 2. Customer portal error messages are horrible at best. First I forgot to deploy the database services, which caused the exception "Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')". This should have probably been something like "Database services not found". Then I deployed database services, but used the wrong WAR name in the secure-deployment and the error message was the same, but should have been "Unauthorized".

Long standing issue.  I'll fix that.

> 3. Finally, it's not clear enough in the log output when the Keycloak sub-system acts on a deployment and when it doesn't. We definitively need something along the lines of:

Ok, i'll add that.