[keycloak-dev] Refactoring Model

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 04:45:27 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

+1 Assuming you're talking about getting rid of ClientModel.get/setAgent and just pulling all required fields from UserModel into ClientModel. It would also be nice to remove the "special" roles we have (KEYCLOAK_APPLICATION and KEYCLOAK_IDENTITY_REQUESTER).

One idea I had was to rename ApplicationModel to ResourceModel. A resource would only have name and roles. No web-origins, redirect-uris, secret or scope mapping. Then we'd add an option to ClientModel to automatically grant access instead. I think that makes the distinction clearer. Basically if your modelling something that is accessed through roles, you create a resource. If you're modelling something that wants to login users you create a client. And as some clients would be "internal" they have the option of automatically being granted permissions.