[keycloak-dev] UserProvider merged

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 08:59:51 EDT 2014

Re-reading what you wrote, maybe I misunderstood?  You want a generic
way to store and manage keycloak-server.json through admin console?

> Generic config mechanism for sync you mean?

Yes.

I think sync is in two parts:

* A UserProvider.  For on-demand sync.
* A "chron job" for periodic bulk sync.

Both would want generic config mechanism and realm-specific storage for
this config.

> I was thinking it would be nice to have something available to all SPIs and providers. Name/value pairs would be simplest with regards to storing and also editing through the admin console.

What are the security implications of this in a multi-tenant
environment?  Might not want a specific realm admin to be able to modify
keycloak-server.json

What about just allowing user to enter in Json?